August 31, 2016 by tahenryauthoress
Good evening my friends. It’s been a bit of a rough day. I had a fat migraine. Probably due to too much painting, house painting that is. I clearly rearranged parts of my spine and they are registering their disapproval. Loudly.
Speaking of registering disapproval. The President of the coop my son goes to went off to Italy a week ago. Turns out she didn’t do anything she said she would handle before she left. And worse she didn’t tell anyone she didn’t handle it. Hot potato in my lap in the last 24 hours. Did I neglect to mention I’m the VP of Education? LOL
The lesson to be learned here. Do not volunteer for things. LOL. Ever.
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday for a little prod of accountability.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ Finally a writing challenge. Dan posted this one last Friday to kick off the challenge season on his blog. Finish the following sentence. The most important thing about writing a book is…
…. finishing it.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ We covered using create space last weekend and a bit about cover design.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
√ I am no longer dreading digging into my beta changes. But I am wondering why I bother. Seems like everyone has an opinion and they all conflict. LOL. What I really need to do is find my base, my solid, my home. Then the changes will be obvious.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ Preparing, preparing, I swear. LOL
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either.
√ Er, totally broke this. Painted the house to much I could barely raise my right arm this week. oops.
– yoga daily.
√ five out of seven. Good enough for government work.