March 2, 2016 by tahenryauthoress
Wow, it’s March already. How the bleep did that happen? In no time at all con will be here, then Legoland, then Hawaii thank god. I expect this whole year to slide by in a wash of head shaking, “wait, where did x go?”
So the Norwescon schedule is up and I want to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to schedule So You’ve Finished a First Draft, Catching Readers, Hook, Line, & Sinker, Beta Better, and Single Combat for Writers: Creating Believable Violence all in the same hour on the same day? I need a time turner.
Also this week, our friends J and A decided to go to Hawaii with us in May. Woot. This reminded me that I hadn’t put the family passport information into the cruise website yet. Which led me to discover … my passport expired. Bleep bleep bleepity bleep.
So in between putting in a couple hours a day on the schedule for the coop next year, double checking Scripting the Truth for errors before my next order, and editing my murder mystery for Beta…I am breathless. In fact, I’m so busy I had to spend the first 45 minutes of write in figuring out what I am going to cook for the rest of the week so I can go get groceries on the way home. LOL
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday at cafe for a little prod of accountability.
– Research marketing locations for the next free giveaway for Scripting the Truth. Figure out the Reddit problem. Fine tune my categorization on amazon.
√ This is done. I might just remove this goal. I have a list of marketing locations. I joined a publishing coop for the year to get more of my face out there.
– Write 2500 plus words per week on my 2015 Nano novel til completion. (Only another 5-6 weeks to go on that, I think.)
√ Done. Already back from first critique.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ I did two technically in February but both were super short. One was to write an opening line to a novel. (Watch as she sits on the couch working on her laptop, one hand occasionally petting the sleeping dog next to her.) I was leaving it open so the novel could go a myriad of ways.
The other was to put the working title of your current WIP into an anagram site and pick an anagram of your title. There were over 70K+ anagrams of Sweeping it Under the Rug. LOL. Both challenges came from Dan Alatorre.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ January and February done. People are moving forward. It’s early still but I’m excited that only the people who weren’t ready to pull the trigger in January didn’t come back in February. Everyone came back. Everyone is still working forward. We even gained a member.
– Edit my 2015 Nano Novel for 2016 publication.
√ Edited 21 chapters this week including some pretty big rewrites to fix some issues. It’s still not where I want it but I think I will be ready to go to Beta in a month. Start thinking about if you want on my beta team.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
-Non Applicable at this time.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ This got so out of control. I am now teaching 3 classes more or less. laughing. It’s in flux. And of course it depends on whether people sign up for my classes but still.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either. Which leads me to …
√ Pretty good this week, although a long stretch with a sander left one shoulder a little cranky. I’m on another house project. This one is just a book case so no pictures, I think.
– yoga daily.
√ Nope. LOL. But at least every other day. The three weeks I was sick, exhausted, sick, exhausted, sick really killed my daily habit. But I am building it back up.