Greetings and Salutations dear reader. I have been busier than a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest. Back in September I thoughtlessly told the current co-president of my son’s coop that if she couldn’t find someone to step up by January, I would consider being co president for the 2016-2017 school year. So of course by January she hadn’t found anyone, so I signed on. Then last Monday she approached the pair of us co-pres and asked us to step up now as she needs to pull back and the other co-pres just left. Um….my nicely staggered responsibility arc for this year just slammed into overdrive.
Earlier tonight I was accepted into the FreeValley Publishing cooperative. This is pretty exciting news. I now have access to a number of marketing events over the course of the year. I need to order more books. If you’re local to the PacNW keep tuned in, I’ll be posting about events. The first of which is NorWesCon the last weekend in March.
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday at cafe for a little prod of accountability.
– Research marketing locations for the next free giveaway for Scripting the Truth. Figure out the Reddit problem. Fine tune my categorization on amazon.
√ I abandoned the Reddit problem. They can kiss my @$$. Yes I am feeling a little profane tonight, I’m too tired to think of better descriptive words. FVP should help with marketing. Plus I just crossed the magical ten reviews line on Amazon. I can now take advantage of a number of marketing options. More on that soon.
– Write 2500 plus words per week on my 2015 Nano novel til completion. (Only another 5-6 weeks to go on that, I think.)
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ I need to do something for February. There’s a short story competition I was thinking about getting something together for but I just don’t think I have the time to make the deadline. See the commentary about being co-president. I didn’t even mention I’m still on the scheduling committee for this year. And on the board at the club. No wonder I don’t have time to work my writing career.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ January was good. February is in the works. Less preparation for this month. I want to have lots of time to interact with the class because that first critique can really hurt.
– Edit my 2015 Nano Novel for 2016 publication.
√ First critique is pending. So far I’ve heard it’s not as good as Scripting the Truth and he knew who the murderer was ten pages after the body was found. Well bleep, bleep, bleep.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
-Non Applicable at this time.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ This got complicated. I should know soon though if N to P is going to happen. And then there’s this other nebulous maybe class, it’s messy. LOL. That should be my new tag line. My life is messy.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either. Which leads me to …
√ I did good this week. There was one night where I spent too long at the table working.
– yoga daily.
√ yeppers. Only one 90 minute bout again. It’s hard to squeak out that much time. But soon the kiddo will be done with his two lego classes which means I will have only one morning a week that I need to be out of the house by 9A. That gives me some breathing room.
Breathing room. Sounds divine. God knows I could use some.