February 3, 2016 by tahenryauthoress
Cafe is preempted because I am in Portland with the kiddo, G, and her kiddo M. This trip was planned for last month but the stomach flu derailed our plans. So we went this week.
We left Tuesday after Lego class for my kiddo and Pilates for G, she is in wicked good shape. First stop was the Mount St. Helens Volcano Museum. We’re home schoolers, every trip must include some education. LOL
Of course when we got there it was closed. Yep, even though the website says open 9-5 daily, daily no longer includes Tuesday and Wednesday. So we took a short hike to let the boys get the wiggles out. Onto Portland.
Checked into our hotel, got rooms right next door to each other, nice accommodating hotel. Lemon verbena soap. Headed out for sushi at Bamboo sushi. Tasty. Kiddo was mad his California roll didn’t have fish roe on it. Sigh. But a trip to Powell’s made everything better, 80 dollars later…but I found some sets of books that are like Bob books, but star wars. Score!
Flight Museum at McMinnville. They have the spruce goose. I saw it in long beach when I was a kiddo so it was cool to take my son now. We ponied up the small amount of extra duckets to take a private cockpit tour. We caught the fighter pilot documentary as well, all about red flag at Nellis. Very cool. In between we kept popping out to the car to enjoy the bounty of tasty treats we picked up from kyra’s bakery on our drive out. Totally gluten free facility, heavenly taste. Cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, sammies, quiche. Hard to say what was the best although the raspberry cheesecake I’m nibbling right now might be winning.
Tomorrow we hit the Oregon science museum, sub tour, and a few paleo food trucks before we head back home.
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday at cafe for a little prod of accountability.
– Research marketing locations for the next free giveaway for Scripting the Truth. Figure out the Reddit problem. Fine tune my marketing strategy.
√ working on it. I really need more reviews, hence my new give away on offer. Review Scripting the Truth and get an e-copy of my murder mystery free when I publish it later this year.
– Write 2500 plus words per week on my 2015 Nano novel til completion. (Only another 5-6 weeks to go on that, I think.)
√ done until I get my first critique back.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ it’s February. Another sorry will appear soon.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ I suppose I should get started on the February class, lol.
– Edit my 2015 Nano Novel for 2016 publication.
√ Houston, we’re in a holding pattern here. First critique is out. Waiting for it to come home.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
√ I should be working on this right now but I’m using the time to get to some other important projects of the ground.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ there’s some stuff brewing, it looks like I might be teaching much more than n to p but we’ll see how it shakes out.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either. Which leads me to …
√ two thumbs up.
– yoga daily.
√ made it to daily this week with one 90 minute session. I’d love to get that up to a couple of times a week.