May 5, 2015 by tahenryauthoress
I would like to thank Sheri for nominating me for this oh so prestigious award. Check out her blog here https://sherijkennedyriverside.wordpress.com. She posts about the wide variety of art forms she embraces.
So 7 Things About Me:
1) I moved to Washington less than two years ago. Until that time I lived the vast majority of my life in Silicon Valley. I knew I didn’t like it there but I had no idea how much until I moved here and relaxed years of tension. Moving to somewhere where you know no one allows the space to reevaluate your life and the way you live. You can make changes. I made changes.
2) I started writing when I was a child. I entered one contest in elementary school and was the only child not to get at least an honorable mention. I took that very much to heart and stopped submitting my work anywhere. I was in my 20’s when I took a creative writing class. At the same time I decided to try my hand at blogging. The entire experiment lasted only a few weeks but during that time I posted up a short story I wrote for my class and a friend of a friend of a friend bought said short story with my time to convert it to a screen play for a short film. It never got made into a film.
3) I’m married with one adorable six year old son.
4) I spent most of my working years in the tech field. I’ve been a project manager, desktop services manager, corporate videographer, and a desktop services tech – inhouse.
5) I have a degree in history. I had plans to teach. Then we moved here. Teaching is very much a who you know game at the community college level. I don’t know anyone here. I needed a new plan. Currently I use my degree to backstop my novels.
6) I credit my kiddo with bringing me back to writing (and my cuz David). Nanowrimo came along at just the right time. I needed something for myself after struggling with an undiagnosed ASD two year old all day. Once we moved here Nano plugged me into an amazing group of writers who have become some of my favorite friends.
7) I love games. In fact some might call me compulsive about games. LOL. Board games or card games as long as they have at least equal parts strategy and luck, the more strategy the better. I actually spent a cruise to Hawaii, the at sea portion, learning to play bridge and playing bridge. laughing at myself.
The Versatile Blogger Award is given in recognition for the great commitment, diverse talents and generosity shown by bloggers here in our community. There is so much creativity on display that it is difficult to reduce a list to only a few, but for those nominated, it is hoped that it will motivate them as well as celebrate their work to date.
Here are the rules:
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate up to fifteen blogs
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know
If you’re reading, you’re nominated.